This question has been flagged

Using the AqBanking module in GnuCash, we can directly poll all of our bank accounts simultaneously and automatically download the transactions directly into GnuCash for processing. We are able to poll about 15-20 bank accounts in under 2 minutes.

This saves a huge amount of time in downloading and importing individual statements per account, multiple times per day.

We want to migrate completely to OpenERP and continue to be able to completely eliminate the bank statement import step and update all our statements often, with one click.

As GnuCash is open source and has an import module into OpenERP, and as AqBanking is integrated into GnuCash and is also open source, it seems a natural progression that AqBanking could be integrated into OpenERP.

Does anyone have an insight how this can be achieved - perhaps there is an alternative we are unaware of?

Many Thanks.

Discard

AqBanking seems to unknow the non US banks; can you confirm? checking from my side

Author

if you mean that AqBanking doesn't work with US Banks, it does use the OFX backkend so if you look at the ofxhome site you will get a list of which banks are supported via OFX. As we are in Europe we use it for both its HBCI and EBICS backends. This is what we would like to see integrated into OpenERP.

We assume many users would welcome this functionality to OpenERP and so presumably other banking protocols used in other nations could be added, and eliminate the import-to-statement step completely.

My wording was not appropriate; I was meaning that Aqbanking works for a large number of US banks, and less with European ones. I agree that many users would welcome this functionnality.

Author

For Europe it predominantly works in Germany where pretty much every bank, and Austria some banks, use the HBCI and EBICS standards.

So, does anyone, or anyone in OpenERP know if this integration can or has been already implemented?