This question has been flagged
4 Replies

i'm working in Vps with this details 8 core Cpu and 32g RAM

Intel  Xeon E5-1620v2

4c / 8t ( 3.7GHz )

32GB DDR3 ECC 1333MH

SoftRAID  2x2TB   SATA
I'm connecting to the server with ssl domain 
and I have multiple DB for Testing purposes so I'm don't using db_filter right now 
all examples say that i should set workers = 17 and proxy_mode = True then calculate soft and hard limits 
as below 

[options] 

; This is the password that allows database operations:

admin_passwd = [edited  - did you really post a password]

xmlrpc_port = 8069

logfile = /var/log/odoo/odoo-server.log

;addons_path=/odoo/odoo-server/addons,/odoo/custom/addons

addons_path=/odoo/odoo-server/enterprise/addons,/odoo/custom/addons

xmlrpc_interface = 127.0.0.1

netrpc_interface = 127.0.0.1

limit_time_cpu = 1000000000

limit_time_real = 1000000000

limit_memory_hard = 13690208256 

limit_memory_soft = 11408506880

proxy_mode = True

workers = 17 

this make odoo too slowly 

if I set workers = Zero connection closed and restored continually
 so what is the best way to handel this 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Mohamed:

The number of workers is typically calculated based on the number of concurrent users.

The following link provides useful information on this topic.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-does-odoo-resource-servers-hosted-on-odoo-sh-ie-what-s-different-between-10-users-and-100-users-168845#answer-168846

EDIT:

Odoo can run in either multithreading or multiprocessing mode. If you set workers = 0, it runs in multithreading mode. If workers > 0, it uses multiprocessing.

There are guidelines but no hard and fast rules for configuring the number of workers. In addition to the number of concurrent users, it also depends on the processing load you want to support and whether you have long running processes being executed.

The workers = 17 number that you had mentioned in your post is based on the guidelines mentioned in their documentation. If you have not seen these, you may want to read through the following portion of the documentation which discusses a lot of the criteria that you have asked about.

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/setup/deploy.html#builtin-server

Hope this helps.

Discard
Author

as the answer in this question, i should set workers as the number of users who using system at the same Time ?

They are recommending 1 worker for every 25 backend users. So, if you have 20 employees, 1 worker should be more than enough.

Author

thanks dear, about your answers , but what about if workers =0, what that may cause, then what about mathematical calculation of workers based on cpu cores is that mean that the maximum workers I can run ?

also why large number of workers make it slowly what is main role , Thanks in advance

I have edited my earlier post and added more context based on your questions.

Author

dear @paresh i'm trying now with 2 cpu and 4g ram server , and i'm only user and it's too slowly and cut continuously I set workers = 2 nothing changes also when it =0 still slowly