Help

How I can change the "from" field value when sending a message because it always has the same email address?

Kamela

Hi, how can I change the "from" field value in sending outgoing messages?

It always have the same address even if it send by different users. And I noticed the value of "uid" in mail_mail.py is always "1" so it always get the same email outgoing address.

Thanks!

4Comments
Discard
Jeudy Nicolas
-

Can you give an example of what you do to only have the same from address. It depends on the setup of each models. If you give me a example that I can reproduce, i will give you a way to do this .. Think some models aren't setup correctly for this ..

Kamela
-

Hi Nicolas JEUDY,

I configure the outgoing mail server by going to Settings > Outgoing Mail Server http://s1353.beta.photobucket.com/user/user02132013/media/one_zps05143b89.jpg.html (Outgoing Mail Server) [cont]

Kamela
-

[cont]

and when a user sends message to an email the from fields are always the same. http://s1353.beta.photobucket.com/user/user02132013/media/asd_zps691f6e44.jpg.html

Dale
-

I am wondering the same thing. I have a user who has a different email address and domain that they need to send from. I.e. their usual address is user@domain1.com that they send and receive from, however they sell a different product also and a mail must be sent from user@domain2.com. How do i do this? I have changed the from and reply to fields in the template but it has no effect on the mail delivered

2Answers
Best Answer

Hello,

The email_from of send emails is the email address of the message author. Having multiple users sending emails with the same email_from seems odd if they effectively have different email addresses.

Note that prior to revision 8628 of the addons, there was a bug leading to the administrator email address being chosen for the email_from of some notification emails (emails going through the mailgateway). This could explain the results you obtained. But this has been fixed.

1Comment
Discard
joe
-

hello sir these issue is not fixed in v14 whatever the mail i triggered i got with mail from the same address which is configured in my outgoing mail server and i didnt take the email of user what can i do for resolved it.

Dale
Best Answer

I am wondering the same thing. I have a user who has a different email address and domain that they need to send from. I.e. their usual address is user@domain1.com that they send and receive from, however they sell a different product also and a mail must be sent from user@domain2.com. How do i do this? I have changed the from and reply to fields in the template but it has no effect on the mail delivered

Discard