This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Im trying to figure out how/why odoo selects one route over another. Odoo version 11 CE

I cannot figure it out. I can find information about setting some routes up, but i want to understand how it selects the correct route.

I have parts A, B, C, D, E, F

Part A is made from B, C, D, E, F

On part A i have buy and manufacture selected.

What should i have selected on parts B, C, D, E, F to create a manufacturing order.  

Is there i book or course I can buy that goes into detail about routes?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

The Routes on product B, C, D, E and F determine how THOSE products are procured. 

The Route on product A determines how THAT product is procured.

If you want a Manufacturing Order created for Product A, set the Route on Product A to Manufacture.  This doesn't prevent you from creating a Purchase Order for Product A if you occasionally purchase it (make or buy scenario).

You don't need Routes on the other Products unless you want Odoo to try to procure them (either create a draft Purchase Order - use the Buy Route; or create a Manufacturing order - use the Manufacture Route).  If you manufacture products B, C, D and E, then mark them as Manufacture also - but make sure you have a Bill of Materials configured for each of them. If you purchase products B, C, D and E, then mark then as BUY - but make sure you have a Vendor configured for each of them.  If these are low value items you procure outside of Odoo and don't count during a Cycle Count, mark them as Consumables and Odoo will never try to manufacture or purchase them.

You should be choosing BUY or MANUFACTURE, not both.

Discard
Author

Thanks for the answer Ray, that clears it up a bit. What is the process if Buy and Manufactured were selected, what would i be asking odoo to do. I thought Buy route issues from stock first then triggers the MO for the remainder for a sales order?

Buy means "create a purchase order". Manufacture means "create a manufacturing order". I don't know why you would tell Odoo you want to do both, without additional logic to tell is when to do one versus the other. Test to see what happens when you select both - you will only get one - and it has to do with the order the Routes appear in Inventory --> Configuration --> Warehouse Management --> Routes. Make to Order is what ignores stock levels, so if you want stock checked, make sure that's turned off.

Best Answer

Hi there

Please go through this link where odoo peoples explains routing, push rules and pull rules

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/inventory/routes.html

Hope it helps...

Discard