This question has been flagged

Hi all! I have a very simple need from our v14 Field Service app that I cannot work out.

Our Field Service projects have configured 'Products on Tasks' to track material used in the completion of a task.

In the tasks, when our Technicians' click on the 'Products' ribbon to select products, we want to filter the products view only to a specific warehouse and location in our database. It makes no sense for them to access products that they do not physically have with them.

I have tried using the filter > Inventory Location but it doesn't seem to be the right one.

Any ideas?

Discard
Best Answer

You can create filter on model "Product"

On debug mode Settings > Technical > User-defined Filters

Name - As you provide
Model "Product"

Domain - Stock Quant > Location '=' your location (e.g WH/Stock/Truck 1)

[['stock_quant_ids.location_id', '=', 'WH/Stock/Truck 1']]

Available for Users - If left blank is available for all

Default Filter - If you wish to enable else the filter would be available in Favorites

On clicking the Product ribbon on Task, only products in that location would be visible (if set as default).

Discard
Author

Hi Jaideep,
This is the best answer I have seen for this issue - your filtering has worked smoothly without the need of making any modifications. Thank you!

Best Answer

Here is a way to solve it using Studio. 

Assuming your technicians use trucks / vans where the product come during Field Service jobs. You can add a field on the product, for instance a boolean (checkmark) and name it Truck 1, Truck 2 etc. The field indicates you keep this product in your trucks. It is just for reference, no logic behind it. 

Add the field to the Search view > group by AND create a Filter "Truck 1 = set/true". Now you can use this filter in Field Service products view and perhaps set is as a default filter on the user. 

Here is a video https://youtu.be/Oha35HrpkbM to explain the steps.

Hope it helps. 

Discard
Author

Thank you so much for that suggestion! Would you have the steps in how to add it as a filter/group by in Search View?

Hi Emma, please see the video link in my updated answer. Let me know if you have any questions

Author

Thank you very much!