This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am new to OpenERP v7 and I would like to know the following: when I set up a project or task how can I get the new project or task details emailed to the assigned user? I have played with Server Actions and can't get it to work. Are workflows required to have this functionality?

I have setup the outgoing server and I can send email from the messaging interface with no problems just tasks and project being assigned do not seem to send the email through.

Also I would like to be able to have the user click a link in the email sent that updates the task status in OpenERP.

I am willing to pay someone to show me online how to do it and answer any questions I might have.

thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Mr. Tony you can do it very easily follow below instructions

1. check user email setup in `users` menu

create a server action for project.task action typeemail and condition True

in email type ${object.user_id.email} provide all other info as you wish

then create an Automated action for project.task

leave blank condition TAB just select above created server action in the action TAB

try to edit project task

then auto action will detect and the email will be sent assigned user

thanks
Sandeep

Discard
Author

Thanks this helped a lot but I have one other issue. I did this procedure for "Issues" and when I setup the email form it is not recognizing the variables. For example when I create an issue the server sends out the email like this<b> Hello object.user_id.email Here are your ticket Details: Ticket: object.project_id.name Desctiption: object.description

I succeeded using 'object.user_email' instead of using. But it sends emails on any modification of the task. Which is undesirable. I was wanting to limit the email going out to "Task Creation" only. The other issue is that I can't get the object.description or ${object.description} or any type of link to the task in the email body itself.

Best Answer

I too would like to know the answer to this question. Has anyone worked this out?

Discard

Did you find an answer: send email ONLY on creation of Task.

I've got a solution, simply add a user defined filter for task object, as "[['create_date', '>', time.strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M-1:%S')]]", then use the automated action and add this filter at post phase.

It means, unless the task is created less than one minute ago, do not triggler the automated action (email notification)