This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I would like transactions for my bank and cash transactions to go directly to my cash account.

Discard

By setting the outstanding payments and receipts account in the journal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWxfy86Byog

Best Answer

You can bypass the outstanding receipts and payments accounts simply by replacing those with the same cash or bank account you have specified in the "Journal Entries" tab of the journal:

Whatever account you have listed on the Journal Entries tab (above) you select on the Payments Configuration tab (below).

Note: for v15, there is no Payments Configuration tab, but rather two tabs "Incoming Payments" and "Outgoing Payments" and you will need to unhide the field first by checking it off via the kebab Menu (3 dots in a vertical line):

Please note that it is fine to configure this functionality on your cash journal, however, not a good practice on your bank journal, as you won't be able to reconcile the transactions.

Discard

We tried doing that and it worked EXCEPT for when we try and do an internal transfer. Things are messed up during the internal transfer. There is an automatic generation of a payment in an internal transfer and the auto created payment is posted in the wrong account in the corresponding journal entry!!!

Please post a new question with details or contact Odoo Support and open a ticket - with either option describe your configuration (which accounts are set on each part of the Journal) and what you mean by "wrong" - what did you expect?). I just verified how internal transfers work and had no problems, the bank account is credited and the amount moves through the liquidity transfers account before being recorded as a debit in the destination journal. There are two journal entries that are automatically reconciled. Remember BOTH Journals need to be configured to skip the suspense accounts if you don't want that functionality for both banks involved.

Best Answer

Thank you very much!

Discard