This question has been flagged

In a manufacturing facility, most of our products go through a drying process where we put our products on racks (dollies/ shelves) of different sizes. The racks go into large oven or Kiln to dry. The variables are:

- 3 different ovens with different sizes.

- racks come as 5-6 different sizes. Each Rack has a different width, depth and height(number of shelves)

- Racks can carry more than one order and one shelve can carry more than one qty per shelve.

- Products drying time varies and removing from oven is not an issue even though it is not a good idea to open and close the oven often.

in Summary, drying is a long process and while we are drying the product, more are being manufactured, put on racks, and waiting to be put into the oven. the number of racks are not the issue.

How would I setup the WorkCenters? Ovens / Racks. 

- I tried to make the oven's with capacity 99999 but this is not a solution.

- I tried to make the ovens as a location but locations do not have costs / Capacity limit.

your feedback is much appreciated. 

Discard
Best Answer

I recommend that you set it up with multi level production planning. With Single level you have all operations for a finish product in one routing. With Multi Level you have semi finished products that have stock between operations and more than one routing.  General advise is that if you do have physical stock between operations, you should set it up as multi level.  So the operations can be planned independent of each other.

In your case it might be that you produce "not dried product" first. They go to stock. Your finish product consumes this "not dried product" and the operations is the drying. 

Wether you would define each oven as a work center depends on the detail you need for planning.  I don't think you will get much help from Odoo basic for the planning without some extra development.  Most likely you must plan manually, and modify the quantity of the operation before it starts.

Hope this help you on the way.

Discard
Author

By multi level production, you mean By-product, correct?

No.

By-product is that you from one production order can make a two products. Nothing to do with multi-level.

Multi level: To make a finish product, you have more than one routing, and you have stock managed semi-finsihed product between operations (between the routings).

First produce a semifinished product that go into stock. Then produce the finish product that consume the semi finished from stock.

Stay away from Make to order concept. It will make a mess of your logistics.