This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I see there is a billable function for timesheets and expenses in Odoo. But what about flagging vendor bills for supplies and services we purchase on behalf of customers.

I’ve added Analytical Accounts but don’t see a way to add flagged transactions to a customer invoice.

In QuickBooks Online there is billable checkbox and customer/project option.

Discard
Best Answer
The Analytic Account is absolutely the right way to go!

Two requirements:
1) There must be at least one Sales Order in the system for the Customer.  It can either have a Customer specific analytic account on it, or a Sales Order specific account set on it.  
2) The product on the Vendor Bill needs to be set-up as "CAN BE EXPENSED".

The Analytic Account for the Customer (or for a specific Sales Order) is then selected on each Vendor Bill line that is to be reinvoiced. 

Once the Vendor Bill is validated, Odoo will add a line to the relevant Sales Order show it will show up in the To Be Invoiced menu in the Sales app. 

If only part of the line is to be reinvoiced, the line is split into two halves - the analytic account is set just on the half to be reinvoiced.
Discard
Best Answer

This is indeed the way how this works; however what I found out is that the 'negative' way is not working. 

Preconditions:

• You have already received a first invoice and #delivered from your supplier
  • You have the same # delivered and invoiced to your customer

Say you receive a credit note afterwards from your supplier, as he notices he made a mistake in the amount delivered.

• You adapt the amount delivered to the correct amount in the purchase order (it was X, not it is X-Y, resulting in Z)
  • You create the vendor bill which is actually a credit note as you will get money back from your supplier
  • As this is linked via the analytical account, one should expect to see "Z" as the new amount delivered on the sales order, so that one can create a credit note for the customer as well... 
  • The result is that you see X as delivered and invoiced on the sales order, and Z as delivered an invoiced on the purchase order.
  • In the analytical account view it seems as though you have made an awfull amount of profit ;-)

Any suggestions on this?

Discard