This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi Please could someone point me in the right direction to create a bank transfer from one bank to our another. ie from our paypal to HSBC account.

The V7 literature link text states -

• Accounting ‣ Payment ‣ Payment Orders

Doesnt exist on my system?

Thanks in advance

Discard

do you mean "creating a bank order to transfer money from one bank to another one" or entering an accounting record into OpenErp accounting system to debit one bank account and credit the other one?

Author

Sorry! the OpenErp Accounting "entering an accounting record into OpenErp accounting system to debit one bank account and credit the other one?" - I'm ASSuMEing - what I want to do is transfer from Paypal Journal to the HSBC Journal

Best Answer

Hi,

You have two option. 1. You can use Journal Voucher for transfers (Select source Paypal bank journal on voucher and on voucher line you can select hsbc account.) 2. You can use account_transfer module. Link: http://v6apps.openerp.com/addon/6655?filter=%7B%22order_by%22%3A+%22click_counter+desc%22%2C+%22text_search%22%3A+%22account_transfer%22%7D&page=1

Let me know if you have any query.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Discard
Author

Many, many thanks - I initially opted for the module, mainly because I'm not an accountant, but although I got it installed I couldnt get it to work. So on to plan option 1

Ok sure.. Option 1 is also ok for transfers .. :) Let me know if you have any query.

Author

Sorry to pester but Im having trouble both ways - Option 1 "Just get totally lost" and Option 2 when using app I get error "Integrity Error - The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set [object with reference: account_id - account.id]

You can set transfer account on your journal (source/destination journal) to fix that error on 2.

Author

Doh! you just beat me to it! :) Cheers! but once last pointer if you dont mind please - where would this transfer account go? - I was think under "Balance Sheet" > "Current Assets" > "B040 Cash at bank and in hand" > "1250 Temporary Transfer Account"

Yes it should be temporary transfer account .. :)