This question has been flagged

Outstanding Accounts are used to support a reconciliation workflow, but I would like to support a CASH Journal that does not use these accounts because there is no reconcilation workflow to support.

At Version 14, I was able to bypass the use of this account and have the Customer Invoice marked as PAID instead of IN PAYMENT:

I did this by editing the Journal.   On the Payments  Configuration  tab I set  the  Outstanding  Payments  account  to  be  the  same  as  the  cash  account  I  use on the Journal  Entries  tab:

At Version 15, the Outstanding Accounts are now at the Company Level:

How would I force the Cash Journal to use the account I want it to use?

Discard
Best Answer

The change to have Outstanding Accounts at the Company Level is so we have DEFAULTS as we don't see the need for a separate outstanding account per Journal for most Companies. 

You can still set your own account on the Journal as before and can use the Journal's cash account if you wish.

The field is hidden by default, but once you show it you can select the account you want to use instead of the default:

Discard

Ray, that is certainly a positive improvement from Odoo 14 and a welcomed change, as we were forced to create and maintain that many outstanding accounts.

That said, the outstanding accounts are not really needed. Why do you force transactions go to accounts to support other accounts,
We have company with 5 bank accounts (usd, cad, euro, gbp, and AMEX). So based on this new logic all payments and receipts and transfers will go to centralized OUTSTANDING accounts, then to be reconciled when we reconcile the bank. The GL balance will be different than the what is really is until that is done.

I know you will say, but Odoo books all the statements lines to the bank and suspense accounts, and the balance sheet will be ok, when you add up the Bank, suspense, internal transfer and outstanding accounts. This is a flawed assumption, as you maybe thinking customers link accounts to the bank and import transactions on daily basis. Not everyone does that.

Please consider simplifying the flow and consider the following: use the same bank account, and you can simply find the outstanding payment, receipts, transfers, and journals (booked in error or intentionally) by finding the journal items (move lines), where the bank statement_line_id is not set or statement is not set and filter on the move type you need based on the move type.

The move type
entry Journal Entry
out_invoice Customer Invoice
out_refund Customer Credit Note
in_invoice Vendor Bill
in_refund Vendor Credit Note
out_receipt Sales Receipt
in_receipt. Purchase receipt.

This will simplify your flow. If you import transactions on daily basis, the transactions will be matched in the accounts, (statement_id, reconciled etc.. ). If the accountant reconciles on monthly basis, the GL account will be reflective of reality. We will have LESS accounts to reconcile.

Again, more than happy to re-engage on this topic in private.

Hi Jad, the best place to share your feedback about how you would like things to work is via your Account Manager.

Best Answer

It is understood how to fix the matter for the future.

But what can we do if before upgrading to version 15 from version 13? We never used bank reconciliation. Thousands of outstanding receipts and payments are generated.

How do we fix that?

Discard
Best Answer

It is understood we can bypass the Outstanding Accounts by changing the accounts in journal.

Odoo supports bank reconciliation only if payment is posted in outstanding account  . 

If we change the accounts to default bank account , there is no option to do bank reconciliation  .How to achieve it.

Discard