This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Dear all,

When I create an INVOICE there are LABELS that I want to change.

This labels from the odoo 14 community installation I have, cannot be changed by editing it through the website editor.

I need to find where are the files responsible for creating the invoice online and in pdf to be able to see WHERE TO CHANGE WORDINGS AND LABELS.

For instance, instead of VAT I get IVA where the customer's fiscal ID is shown in the invoice. I need to change that into CIF which is the spanish way to call a fiscal ID 

many thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

If you are looking to customize from the code, you can find the template in the following path: /odoo/addons/account/views/report_invoice.xml

The template name is: report_invoice_document

If you need to change from user interface, you can activate the developer mode and navigate to Settings -> Technical -> User Interface -> Views and search:  report_invoice_document, then you can see the template, so that you can edit and change it.

For customizing the report from code, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2tvrpfOR1E

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Jordi,

You might need to change the field label on the relevant model

Settings -> Technical -> Database Structure -> Fields and search: tax_id or vat_label

The translated terms are in Settings -> Translated Terms

BR

===========

CORRECTION

@Niyas, thanks for correcting/ clarifying.

The value of field Vat_Label has to be set and not modify the label itself as I had on my post!

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Dear Niyas,

That's great, I see a bit deeper now.

But, I still cannot change the CUSTOMER'S VAT label on the form. There is no LABEL in this template views, where I cannot directly change the customer's VAT .

I see this:

Tax ID:

And I guess inv_tax_id_label is a variable, but WHERE can I change the translation ??

Also I went into the i18n translations and changed "IVA:" BY "NIF", but that didn't change anything. The web page shows an invoice saying IVA: instead of NIF and the pdf too.

Also

Many thanks!

J.

Discard
Author

THankyou so much Niyas

it is a very good guidance, I think I am better oriented now.

Will try and see what I can do from your answer

Thanks

For changing the tax label, you can go to the country's form from the contacts menu and open the country and set the new label there in tax label field, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91d-wmdIj2U&t=8s