This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

When allocating payments against vendor bills, it keeps defaulting to the wrong Journal (top left field of 'Register Payment' window)

We essentially use two active journals for payments like these, one of which is 'BANK', the other is 'COMMERCIAL CARD'

HSBC is our standard payment method, but for some reason it keeps defaulting to COMMERCIAL CARD, is there a tick-box I've missed to set BANK as default?

Discard
Author

Hi Ricardo, thank you for your response. Looking on our Journals, our BANK is actually above the COMMERCIAL CARD.
Not sure how to add screenshots, but our list goes:
Customer invoices - Sales
Vendor Bills - Purchase
Miscellaneous Operations - Miscellaneous
Exchange Difference - Miscellaneous
BANK - Bank
Cash - Cash
HSBC - COMMERCIAL CARD - Bank
Assets Journal - Miscellaneous
Deffered Expenses Journal - Miscellaneous
Inventory Valuation - Miscellaneous

Best Answer

For vendor bills Odoo chooses the first journal of type cash or bank from top to bottom, you can click, hold and drag up your Bank Journal:

For customer invoices Odoo set as "recipient bank" the first bank account (and related journal), from top to bottom, from your company:

Invoice:

Company Bank Accounts:

Discard
Author

Hi Ricardo,
I'm now able to reply to comments, so I'm replying directly with the hope that this notifies you:

Hi Ricardo, thank you for your response. Looking on our Journals, our BANK is actually above the COMMERCIAL CARD.
Not sure how to add screenshots, but our list goes:
Customer invoices - Sales
Vendor Bills - Purchase
Miscellaneous Operations - Miscellaneous
Exchange Difference - Miscellaneous
BANK - Bank
Cash - Cash
HSBC - COMMERCIAL CARD - Bank
Assets Journal - Miscellaneous
Deffered Expenses Journal - Miscellaneous
Inventory Valuation - Miscellaneous