This question has been flagged

Hi,

I would like to be able to tag account items with a specific tag and have them be put into a respective sub-group in my Financial report but I am not sure how to select items with a specific tag. Inside the Financial Report editor it seems the only way to select the items is with the domain but I am having trouble since the tag_ids field is a many2many field.

Discard
Best Answer

Do you know about Account Groups?

Account Groups are useful to list multiple accounts as sub-accounts of a bigger account and thus consolidate reports such as the Trial Balance.

To create a new Account Group, open the account you want to configure as sub-account, click on the Group drop-down selector, select Create and Edit…, fill out the form, and save. Next, set all the sub-accounts with the right Account Group.

To display your Trial Balance report with your Account Groups, go to Accounting ‣ Reporting ‣ Trial Balance, then open the Options menu and select Hierarchy and Subtotals.

Discard
Author

Thank you for the prompt answer Ray. I ended up reading about this feature right after I posted this question and it seems to be doing just the trick!