This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi

I am trying to figure out how to (and if ) I could utilise odoo manufacturing for farm operations. For example. I am growing tomatoes on a small 2 acre farm. Now in the process of production of tomatoes, there are many steps with each involving consumption of both materials and services. For example I need to spray an insecticide using a sprayer machine, so there would be consumption of insecticide (material) and labour(person spraying the insecticide) and machine(sprayer). So far so good, but thing about finished goods in this scenario is 1. I am not sure how much quantity of the finished goods I would be able to produce , so my finished good could be anywhere between  20 to 30 Mt / Acre AND this finished good is not going to get produced (harvested) in one go, but over a period of 120 days (say 200-300 Kgs every 3rd day). Is there any way where I can use odoo's manufacturing features to keep track of material, cost in multiple steps involved in this production operation ? Or if anyone can guide me to approach this entirely differently, it would be much appreciated. !! Thanks

- Nishant

Discard
Author

Thanks Jaideep. I will explore project / field service as suggested by you and will reach out if I feel stuck. But before I jump into that, there is this just one thing that I wanted to confirm, project / field service will integrate with accounting module, right ? Because at the end of the day all this information has to finally flow into the books of accounts. Thanks ! Much appreciated.

Yes absolutely, all of Odoo Apps are seamlessly integrated with each other

Best Answer

It is probably apt to use project/ field service to track this, individual tasks can track material consumed as well as service costs (like spraying as a task costs - material + labor + equipment rental). Harvesting as a task could capture quantity produced as well as the selling price (which is also a variable). There is visibility to over all costs and profitability at the project level.

With manufacturing the consumption of material can be linked to work-orders while creating back-orders with each harvest.  The specific field space utilized can also be tracked as work center. The extended period a MO takes for completion could potentially be a downside. While consumption of material could flexible, modifying BOM lines or operations during the process maybe a challenge. (eg, an additional application of insecticide not initially planned in BOM)

Discard