This question has been flagged

Hello there :)

I removed the link "Shop" in the website menu and made a new on in a submenu. All looks fine, but when made a test customer yesterday, there not one but two menu items "Shop", right next to the "Home" button. When I log in, they are not there. I do not find them in the website's settings, neither under menus nor under pages. Also not when I edit the menu in the website builder. Where can I find such links?

FYI: Our Shop is for B2B-customers only. Certain pages have a restriction to the User Types "Internal User" and "Portal". I did this by adding those to "Visible Groups" in the website settings -> Menus.
Other pages I've restricted by altering their QWeb templates, by adding 'groups="base.group_user,base.group_portal">'.

Maybe someone knows what I did wrong?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi there, the support from Odoo helped me out. I had accidentally chosen only the user group of portal users to be able to see those entries so they were hidden from me, the internal user and, of cause, website visitors. 

Here is how you solve it:

• Turn debug mode on, click on the debug menu and select "Become Superuser".
  • Go to the app "Website" and then "Configuration > Menus".
  • To now find those hidden menu entries, you have to make a custom filter for each entry with "ID is x". Unfortunately you have to know the IDs of the entries or you have to guess. 
  • You then can change the user groups as desired.

I hope that helps some one 🙂.

Discard