This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Do you know how to make attachments go to specific directory by default so I can make restriction on who can edit, delete, read that directory ?

All attachments are public if I install knowledge module in v7.

So if a sale team member attach a partner document (that must be secret to other departments) the attach will be visible on knowledge. More problems everybody can delete that attachment even though is not from sales team.

Discard
Author

any help here please ? Attachments are great but I need a way to secure them so I can activate knowledge.

Best Answer

In OpenERP for the movement you can control the visibility of directory based on the groups instead of controlling the operation like edit, delete, read on directory or files.

You can try to assign a group on the security tab on directory, by default all can see that directory and files of that directory, but once you put groups on it, only user belong to those groups can see that directory and files.

There is no further permission related to directory / files that can specify the read, write, delete operation on file or directory.

Discard
Author

that is not very good, because me as an manager I add a file to a directory that is belonging to a group. Than they can see the file and delete, edit

Best Answer

You'll need to use combination of 'Security Groups' of the specified folder and Attachment, ir.attachment, and document.directory.content Access Rights. I guess these will suffice to control access to documents.

Set the desired group on a the specified folder, then go to the that group's access rights and modify the ir.attachment Read, Write, Create, Delete rights per your desire. This will control access to documents through the Attachment button on top of the different forms. Add or edit rule for document.directory.content per your desire.

Discard