This question has been flagged
4 Replies

When opening the view_stock_move_line_operation_tree view from within receiving on a lot controlled item. The Lot Name field and the button are displayed. The user can enter a lot number manually (which is OK), however the following button cannot be selected.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<odoo>

<record id="view_stock_move_line_operation_tree_inherit_szm" model="ir.ui.view">

<field name="name">stock.move.line.operations.tree.inherit.szm</field>

<field name="model">stock.move.line</field>

<field name="inherit_id" ref="stock.view_stock_move_line_operation_tree"/>

<field name="arch" type="xml">

<xpath expr="//field[@name='lot_name']" position="before">

<button name="action_create_custom_lot_no_szm" type="object" class="btn btn-primary fa fa-plus-square-o" groups="stock.group_production_lot" context="{'default_company_id': parent.company_id, 'default_product_id': parent.product_id, 'active_picking_id': picking_id}" attrs="{'invisible': [('lot_id', '=', False),('lot_name', '!=', False)]}"/>

</xpath>

</field>

</record>

</odoo>

Discard
Author

Sudhir,

The record is "saved" and ready for receipt, but the lot number needs to be entered first. The "Button" is designed to automatically create a lot number based on other rules. I just cannot figure out why the the button is inactive.

Thank you for replying.

It is inactive because of the attrs condition.

attrs="{'invisible': [('lot_id', '=', False),('lot_name', '!=', False)]}"

Odoo does not hide the field/button in the tree view when you use invisible in attrs but instead, it will make the field read-only and button inactive.

Your button is inactive because I think lot_id is blank and lot_name has value. Please double-check this.

Author
Sudhir,
The change actually had an adverse effect. The button/column become invisible.
One thing that is bothering me is that if I define the XML as follows.

<button name="action_create_custom_lot_no_szm" type="object" class="btn btn-primary fa fa-plus-square-o" groups="stock.group_production_lot"/>

The button is displayed in the tree view, but the user cannot "click" on the button.

I'm beginning to think that adding buttons within a tree view (a list) is not possible.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 8:57 AM Sudhir Arya (ERP Harbor Consulting Services) <sudhir22.arya@gmail.com> wrote:

It is inactive because of the attrs condition.

attrs="{'invisible': [('lot_id', '=', False),('lot_name', '!=', False)]}"

Odoo does not hide the field/button in the tree view when you use invisible in attrs but instead, it will make the field read-only and button inactive.

Your button is inactive because I think lot_id is blank and lot_name has value. Please double-check this.

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

--
Jeff R. Mueller, PMP
JRM Business Systems Solutions, LLC
c/o Precision Solutions
cell: (978)-430-6125

I think you are trying to click on the button before saving the record.

You need to first save the record and then you will be able to click on a button otherwise, the button will be inactive.