This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi Odoo Experts,

Is there a module or a way to make the following wishes:

We want to be able to select a BOM in the Sale Order and that the Sale Order Lines fill up with all the components under that BOM. This is similar to the workings of the Quotation Template, but then for already made Bill of Materials.

Anyone any ideas or apps that could work?

Discard

Hi Marco,

What's your use case behind this?

It sounds like you want to take an order for a 'product', while track it by its individual components (price + order, delivery & invoice Qty).

If there is a modification to the ordered 'product' how would do that?
You might need to modify each line on the SO

OR

have the 'product' line present as well and have the BOM recalculate the components. This would mean that each component is accounted for twice (once on the 'product' line and second on the individual component SO line)

A BOM type KIT already breaks up the product to components, however on the DO. Maybe you want to map the DO lines back to SO

These are just thoughts to understand better and certainly not a solution as you maybe looking for.

BR

Author

Hi Jaideep,
The use case is quite easy. Our BOM's do not always represent a full product lets say 'Marble Table'. Instead we have engineering companies, and customers often ask for the price per component in the BOM etc. I know within the BOM you can have a Structure & Cost overview, but that is not the same as the price you sell it as.
We want to have the option to select the BOM, and all the components (which are existing products) are put into the sales order lines.

Best Answer

Maybe it's too late for you, but you can also check the OCA Product Pack Module.

Discard
Best Answer

hi

i guess Studio can make it add many2one field on sales orderliness

Discard
Author

Yeah sure it can, but that wouldn't solve anything it will just show the BOM behind it. What I want is to select the BOM outside the sale order lines (just like Quotation template) and once I select it, all BOM components/lines, end up in the sale order lines (just like Quotation template)

i think that requires developments