This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Does anybody know how to enable google search console from odoo?

I don't know what is or from where obtain the value.

Discard

Hi, i have the same issue
do you find proper answer

Best Answer

Indeed it is not very clear on a user point of view. Here how to do it :

• You go to the Google Search Console

• You create a ressource corresponding to your website

• You now need to validate your ressource, choosing on of the many methods proposed. Google needs it to verify you are the owner of the ressource

• You choose the webpage verification method : it asks you to create a webpage at the root of the domain, such as : google123456789123.html

• You give the name of this web page in the code fields in the Odoo settings page above

• You save this setting in Odoo, it will create this web page for you.

• and you ask Google to validate the ressource.

• Then you can disable the web page on the Odoo side by unchecking the setting.

Discard

The instructions given in this answers are a bit misleading. What you need to add is a PROPERTY, not a resource.

The validation step is also overly complicated. Easiest way is to validate the ownership of the domain by adding a TXT record for the DNS server.

Finally, the answers fails to provide the main answer for the final question: how to find the google1234... code. The answer today (05/2022) is that this is no longer needed. Once the property is validated, Google Search console is automatically connected to the site. Odoo settings for Google Search console is no longer needed.

Best Answer

Anybody can explain, why should anybody implement this setting and what is it good for?
I mean : connecting the odoo with Search console, what will be show where? 
A. will Odoo show some data from Console in some statistics, 
or the other way round - 
B. Will some data usage from Odoo be visible in Search Console.
If B, what is the difference to use Google tag manager or GAnalytics tracking ID?
or is it for Sitemap publishing to Search console to allow Google Bot more faster to find the pages?...Or Am I missing here something?...there is so many services scattered all over , it is very messy what connect where and what it will show....

Discard

Hi, i have the same issue
do you find proper answer

Best Answer

I have same issue but still now fixed 

Discard