This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Has anyone in the Odoo community seen a module for OpenERP 7 or Odoo 8 similar to this Magento module?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/exploded-view-product.html

Or if not, know a good developer to recommend for building something like this. 

Discard

i've taken a brief look and i'm interested in this module. could you provide a detailed specification on what you would like to achieve?

Author

Basically, the Magento extension nearly covers all the key points needed for "micro fiche" or exploded view parts sales. There are a couple points that could help bring this concept to Odoo: - Use a non-stockable product with BoM Set and Phantom items to define the lists of parts to be shown on each parts explosion (I believe this is how the Magento-Odoo connector handles Magento's grouped products, but could be wrong) If there is a module existing which better handles the simple concept of grouped products, that could be used as a basis instead - Add a many2many field in the BoM list of items for defining the reference number of each item which is represented on the exploded diagram - Create an Odoo ecommerce template for the non-stockable product which displays the large image (exploded diagram), and below that the list of all the BoM phantom items - On each row of the BoM items, should be Reference, Name, Description, Qty input (with default pre-populated from BoM qty), Add-to-Cart button Per Line - Add-All button at bottom of page, so a customer could fill in their desired quantities on each line, and then add all those quantities with one click - Use nice subtle Jquery/Bootstrap popups to indicate the per line clicks where added to the cart - Use standard Odoo add-to-cart behavior for the Add-All button

Author

It looks like there is potentially some underliing code already available to get the list of "exploded" items online. https://www.odoo.com/website/image?max_height=768&field=datas&model=ir.attachment&id=690973&max_width=1024 from the Odoo Block post https://www.odoo.com/blog/business-hacks-1/post/5-steps-to-grow-revenues-from-your-online-shop-165 shows a decent way to format and display the list of items. I also see a limitation of using BoM Set. A BoM set item cannot be a product.template, so in the case of items from the exploded diagram that might have varients, such as color, size, etc, then each variant would need to be listed on the table. It would be much nicer to display the template, and then select/radio/swatch option to choose your desired variant as they have done on the above linked "Option" products in the cart view.

Author

This v7 bundle product module is out there. Maybe a port to v8, then build on top of this more basic bundle concept instead of pursuing the BoM path. Also this might be better too, because this module is supposed to add a bundle tab directly to the master product view. This would be a more expected workflow then switching over to manufacturing for defining the representative lines for the explosion diagram. Also, ideally the module would be tweaked to create a new product type (Explosion Master), and the tab would be labeled Explosion Items instead of Bundle items. Additionally, this "Explosion Master" can't actually be sold/purchased itself, as it is really just a holding place for the explosion diagram, and table of items on that diagram.

Author

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/7.0/product_bundle/

@Cliff, thanks for the detailed explanation, i'll take a look into this in detail as soon as I can find time after the holidays. I think this could be achievable in a simple custom module without too much hassle (at least for basic functionality). I work with a client who requires something similar (airsoft products and their related parts) so I can see this being of use to them. Do you have a copy of the magento module by any chance? It would be useful to take a look at the backoffice functionality they have included in their module so that something similar could be achieved in an Odoo module.

Author

Sorry Luke. I don't have a copy of the Magento extension.

Best Answer

Sorry - I can't comment (Not enough Karma!)

I am VERY interested in this exploded view for v13 ecommerce - did you guys sort this?

Discard