This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have just found out that, if you are working in your laptop with a copy of a production db, app notifications still get sent, which means that, nonsense might be sent to actual users.

Does anyone know how we can prevent a test db from connecting to Odoo? Is there a "System Parameter" that needs to be changed? (database.uuid doesn't seem to do the trick)

;)

Discard
Author

Still missing the point. The problem here is that all is (and should be) working but dev-db should not communicate with the online service sending messages to the mobile phone app.

So, there must be a db parameter capable of disabling communicating with Odoo's server that delivers messages to people's phones.

Furthermore, I found out that this is happening because "User B" was created as a duplicate of "User A". "User A" always gets a copy of any notifications (mobile app) to "user B".

So disconnect your laptop from WIFI? Or use Odoo.sh? How are we to know which database is DEV and which is PROD?

Best Answer

Hi Rui,

You just have to delete the Outgoing Mail Server(s) from your local database.

First, you need to enable the developer mode and then go to "Settings / Technical / Mails / Outgoing Mail Servers".

Discard
Author

I referred "app notifications", not emails.

Any test db needs to have emails on (using a test mail server) as they are a fundamental part of Odoo.

Best Answer

Hi Rui:

Do the following to disable app notifications:

1. Activate Developer mode

2. Go to Settings > General Settings and disable/uncheck the "Push Notifications" checkbox in the "Odoo Cloud Notification" (v13) or "Mobile" (v14) section of the page (you will have to scroll down the page)

That should disable notifications to the mobile apps.

Discard
Author

Thank you!

Best Answer

As long as you are not using the odoo.sh workflows, a copy of a production database is simply a copied database with all settings copied. You may want to follow Ray's advise to avoid unwanted actions. If you still need to send emails, set up a fake SMTP.

Meanwhile you may calm down.

Discard
Author

And what is the action, what is the parameter, what is the method, what is the module that communicates with Odoo in order to send mobile phone app notifications?

How can I deactivate comunications to Odoo in order to send mobile app notifications?

It's all about mobile phone app notifications.

why not posting a new question which has a meaningful title and describes exactly what your issue is? So we can delete all the unnecessary noise.

Author

I'm referring "APP notifications" right from the start and people keep talking about mail servers...