This question has been flagged
9 Replies

On the default web/login screen, there is a link for "Don't have an account?" that lets anybody to sign-up. I wish to disable this link, so that only users who have been invited via email can join.

Some resources on the Internet suggested "Settings" > "General Settings" > "Allow external users to sign-up", but I can't find any such setting, even after enabling the Technical mode with administrator access.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

But this setting does not exist in ODOO 16 anymore... anybody knows how to handle this in ODOO 16?

*edit*
Found the solution. This setting "moves" to Website as soon as you have installed the eCommerce App.

You can do that from website app settings -> then in "Shop - Checkout Process" set the "Sign in/up at checkout" to Disabled (buy as guest)

Discard

is not the correct settings because the user need an account for buy in our case

Author Best Answer

Found the solution. So, here for future humans who land here:

Settings > Permissions > Customer Account => Change this from "Free sign up" to "On invitation"

Discard

That's right, if you don't have website installed, but when you add website it despairs.

Best Answer

in Odoo 16 you can try to hide the sign in button Edit > Click on the menu > Customize

Discard
Best Answer

I'm facing the same issue -- this was working in Odoo 15 like charm..... 

We need a solution for it in 16 :-)

Discard
Best Answer

Depending on what modules are installed, we found it in Settings -> Sale

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/289589ce4918b6908144b354892a4ca1292ec27b/addons/sale/views/res_config_settings_views.xml#L138

Discard
Best Answer

I don't have this 'on invitation' or 'free sign up' option. 
Did it move somewhere else? 

Discard
Best Answer

I sometimes found that the setting in the Settings > Permissions > Customer Account could be missing in Odoo 16, when I follow Marc Schultz's instruction, install the eCommerce App. , and go to the website app settings -> then in "Shop - Checkout Process" set the "Sign in/up at checkout" to Disabled (buy as guest), it works. But I don't want eCommerce App, so I remove it, surprisingly, the Settings > Permissions > Customer Account => Change this from "Free sign up" to "On invitation" appears again! 

Discard
Best Answer

As Kashif said... 

Odoo V16 Enterprise (On www.odoo.com)

Discard

not exist in odoo16 enterprice

LAPA Zero-Pensieri:
As you can see in my edited answer, this option is available in Odoo V16, too.

Best Answer

Hello, don´t work how i need it.. Your Answer mean that no checkout without register, but i need to hide the "i have no account register (signup)". (on B2B Side is a register not usefull) It looks like that the parameter "signup_enabled" in the file auth_signup.login has no way to set/edit in the Backend. 

Discard