Help

Direct printing not working

am installed base_report_to_printer and installed cups too..in localhost direct printing is working perfectly.but in hosted server printer not detected .My questions 

What is the configuration for detect printer in server?

Is there any other library  like cups needed for this?

in localhost printer detected automatically..Then why the same code not working in server?

How to solve this?

Is there any other configurations needed for the local system for printing?

Discard
4 Answers
Vasily Puntus
Best Answer

@Aneesh please try this module: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/printnode_base/

It allows configuring direct print from Odoo to any remote or local (USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) printer.

Discard
Best Answer

@Aneesh : I also have the same issue "Now the issue while configure it in server..localhost it working perfectly.but in hosting server there is a error like this while uploading printer "Could not get the list of printers from the CUPS server (localhost:631) ""
Have you solved this issue.Please help me if you have.  
#Low karma for comments

Discard
Mareai Alawbathani
Best Answer

this works only if the server in local network, what if the server hosted in the cloud?

Discard
Akram El Gabry
Best Answer

Have you been into Settings->Printer->Update Printer from CUPS in Odoo? This should pickup your printers from CUPS. You can then set defaults at the report level and the user level to define whether to send to printer or to client. You also need to give the user the correct privileges to print from the user preferences in settings.

Discard