This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is there anyway I can define a default unit measure for the sevaral unit measure on the product form? Basically I need to define a default unit measure for the product form on the Information tab. OpenERP assumes Unit(s) as the defaul unit measure when we create a product, but I want to change it because users are forgetting about changing it everytime. Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

To set default values in OpenERP:

1) Activate Developer Mode.

For help see https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/83

2) Open a document (Product, Customer, Order, etc) and change the value to what you want the default to be:

image description

Note: You don't have to save your changes.

3) From the Debug menu dropdown, choose Set Defaults.

image description

4) Choose the field you wish to set a default value for, specify if this affects just you or all users, then click Save default:

image description

Note: Repeat this process if you want multiple defaults for a form.

5) All newly created documents (records) will now show this field set to the default value (this includes data that is imported). Users are still able to change the default to another value.

Note: This does not change the value of any existing records.

Discard
Author

Great. Thank you very much.

@Ray, is there a way to display Unit of Measure field on Product form in Odoo 10?

I got it, it's in the module settings. There are two radio buttons over against the Units of Measure, so I switched to the other one and now product form displays Unit of Measure field.