This question has been flagged

Hello,

I've read the actions and modules' documentation but it is not clear to me how if I need to create a Module or an Action for my use case. (I think i can solve it with just a couple of Actions but Im also not sure how can I create sole Action's from files on the server)

I want to create a couple of Actions to interact with an external third-party API, the actions would be:
- Window action to let the User login into the external site and grant permissions. This will need to store the refresh token from the external API

- another Window Action so the user can update Products' data on third-party site with the data from Odoo.

It is not clear to me if i can solve this only with Actions, or would I need to create a Module for this? Can you point me to some documentation or helpm me clarify? 

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks Niyas,

I cannot follow that path because I don't control the external API because it's a third party, so i need to push data from my Odoo to the third party on Product updates; in this way my development must be done inside Odoo. 

Thansk again 

Discard

if so you can create a scheduled action in odoo and send data to third party, scheduled action will execute in regular intervals. Other than scheduled action, you can try overriding the create and write method for external sync instantly

Author

ok. and how can i override de create and write method for external sync? thanks :)

Best Answer

Hi,

If you are looking to take data from external applications by doing the authentication, you can use Odoo XML RPC for this.

See the odoo xmlrpc documentation: External API

Odoo XMLRPC : Connect Odoo With External Applications

Thanks

Discard