This question has been flagged
1 Reply

When I attempt to backup, I get the following error:

Database backup error: Postgres subprocess ('/usr/bin/pg_dump', '--no-owner', '--file=/tmp/tmp3hiod9bo/dump.sql', 'MBSEPGDB_JAN') error 1

Restore (of a previously backed up database zip file) presents a similar error.
I am using odoo 14 and postgres 14.2.  There have been no known updates to either installations (i.e. upgrade of odoo or postgres) and the last success was in February.
I have tried replacing the pg_wrapper file on my odoo server with a postgres 14 version, but that did not work either.

Discard

How you are doing backup? From odoo interface or PSQL query? If its from interface then check odoo conf file and update db_user and db_password param

Author

It is from the interface. db_user is not "odoo". It also has the roles "Create Role" and "Create DB", are those the correct roles for the user? Does the user/role name HAVE to be "odoo"?

Best Answer

Hi

The version mismatch between Postgres and pg_dump is a known issue. locate postgres using which command and change correct path of pg_dump using

ln -s /usr/postgres-version/bin/pg_dump /usr/bin/pg_dump --force
ref: 
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/database-backup-error-postgres-subprocess-usr-bin-pg-dump-no-owner-file-tmp-tmpaa0o5q-dump-sql-u-ahlain-db01-error-1-118245?forum=forum.forum%281%2C%29&question=forum.post%28118245%2C%29

Hope it helps

Discard