This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have to create db name starting with number; when I start duplicate an existing db and give number then it shows invalid name.  Is there any kind of restriction setup for Postgres; how can I override/change that restriction?

Discard
Best Answer

In PostgreSQL, if you use number in front or capital letter anywhere in the object name, you need to surround the name with double quote: "70_this_is_my_database"

Discard
Author

Hi John, I tried both double & single quotes but OpenERP is saying "Invalid database name".

Are you trying to duplicate from the Manage Database? Sorry I did not catch that earlier, but from that menu you can only use names that starts not with numbers and does not contain capital letters. You can later rename it using PostgreSQL's tools.

Author

I had tried by creating new as well as duplicating. Both times I was getting error of invalid database name. I will try by replacing it directly in PostgreSQL.

Yes for both creating and duplicating database from Manage Database you need to specify name that does not start with number and does not contain capital letters.