This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

Yesterday we updated our Odoo 12 CE environment. We are running on the official Odoo 12 docker container and upgraded from a Jan-2019 build (don't know the exact build number anymore) to 12.0-20190816. Each night there is a external automated backup script running that backups the Odoo database by firing a POST request to the Odoo Database manager URL at http://our-odoo-environment-url/web/database/backup

But this morning we found out that the backup had failed. When we manually access the URL from a webbrowser we see that Odoo now returns a friendly (in Odoo layout) error page (404 - Page not found or does not exist anymore).

Has there been a change in URL?

For illustration, this how we used to make the call to the database manager (which worked fine before the update):

# create a backup
curl -X POST \
-F "master_pwd=${ADMIN_PASSWORD}" \
-F "name=${ODOO_DATABASE}" \
-F "backup_format=zip" \
-o ${BACKUP_DIR}/${ODOO_DATABASE}.$(date +%F).zip \
${URI}/web/database/backup

Kind regards,

Bastiaan

Discard

No, there is no change for the database manager access URL. please check the server log for 404 error

Author Best Answer

Update:

I found out that, after the update, the database manager wasn't password protected anymore!!! 

This resulted in my script getting an "access denied" while trying to download the database backup. Once I protected the database manager again (with the same password) everything worked again..

Can some of the devs look in to this..? Security issue!!

Kind regards,

Bastiaan

Discard