This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello, 

I am having trouble on creating a custom payment term, where I would like to set the due date with a fixed date.

We offer services (travel packages) that are booked with a downpayment and the payments are as follow:

- 30% when the booking is made (due date 7 days from date quotation issued) 

- remaining balance due date: 60 days before the service date

As the dates when the bookings are made vary, as well as the dates of services, the remaining balance due date would need to be entered manually.

I am using odoo online so I presume my options for custom config are limited.

Thank you! 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello please see the following ocnfigurations according to the requirements

We offer services (travel packages) that are booked with a downpayment and the payments are as follow:

- 30% when the booking is made (due date 7 days from date quotation issued) 

- remaining balance due date: 60 days before the service date

For the second part i would suggest putting the percentage on a long date as we may not know when we will pay the remaining balance, by putting along date we can also make make the payment before the deadline, payment terms are usually added as a form of control and agreement with the customer when to pay, if your balance is variable is better to put a long day rather than a short one 

This solution may be the only out of the box we have available

Discard
Author

Thank you for the answer. Although, as bookings are made in different dates, the payment due date is not related to the invoice date. I can understand there is no direct solution to this, so will just continue to manually add payment terms to terms & conditions, until a better solution is found.

Thank you for trying to find an out of box solution, appreciate it!