This question has been flagged

Hi team,
I can't add a quotation for a current project,
For example:
My client is looking for a quote for architecture design two-storey house,
I create a quote with product service architecture design and create a project to process the job,
end of the architecture work, the client wants our help in structure design for this project,
So we have to quote for structure design, this quote should be in the same current project,
However, at the moment, I can't find any function to help us do something similar to that. Look like I have to create a new quote and create a new project? Doesn't it make sense? Because it should be in one project.
I hope you can understand my situation. With architecture services, we always get involved with many consultants during the services period and quote to clients. Even win or lose, all quotes should be linked or shown as a connection in the same projects.
Can you please give me advice?

Discard
Best Answer

It really depends on how tightly you want to link the Quotes and Projects.

A mild link would be adding a custom Many2One field on the Sales Order/Quote and manually select the Project you are linking to. This would allow you to search/filter the Sales Orders by project but would not integrate them further than that.

Another way would be to create a new 'service' item to link the new Sales Order line to new Tasks on the Project.

On the Product Template form, create a new product with:

Product Type: Service

Create on Order: Task

Project: (link the specific project here)

This method requires a new service item to be created for each project. When the Sales Order is confirmed, it will create a task in the existing Project that is linked to the Sales Order line. The issue here is that it will not generate a number of tasks related to one line (e.g. a project). However, you can create new tasks manually on the project and link them to the same Sales Order line through the 'Sales Order Item' field.

Discard
Author

Hi Lucas,
Many thanks for your advice
Regards
FRanz