This question has been flagged

Almost all my products have 90% identical description. I was planning to design and write copy for one product and then go into HTML/CSS editor and copy relevant portion to all other products.

It turns out that is not possible. I can't get to "product.website_description" through frontend HTML/CSS editor.

Also, I can't find it in the backend. I was poking around views to possibly modify product.website_description view to include a repetitive portion by default and I was also unable to find it.

Am I missing something? Any sort of help/guidance on how to make it happen would be much appreciated!

Discard
Best Answer

Go to Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views

The product.website_description field is in the website_sale.product view (at the bottom of the view xml). 

A suggestion - instead of customizing this view it may be better for you to use the export/import functionality to update the product.website_description for all the products in the Product master data by doing the following:

• Go to Website > Products > Products

• Select the Products whose website descriptions you want to update

• Export the External and Description for the website fields to a import compatible csv file

• Update the website description for each product using Excel

• Import the updated csv 

Discard
Author

Thank you so much! Perfect thoughtful answer with great instructions and even better suggestion for a solution.