This question has been flagged
3 Replies

When entering vendors using the contact module, they do not show up as vendors in the vendor module. Only when the default filter of purchases is removed do the show.

obviously, there must be a field that defines a contact as Vendor, but I dont seem to find that using Studio. Any idea?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Renato,

When you import contacts, import your customers via the sales module and the vendors via the purchase module so they are already in the right category.

However you can change this with an export/import and the field you are looking for is "Supplier Rank".

It is a numerical field and as long as it stays at 0, the contact will not be considered as a vendor.

Hope it helps.

Discard
Author

Spot on! Thanks

Best Answer

have you found a solution?

Discard
Best Answer

I do have all my contacts with supplier rank = 1. Customer rank = 0. And still, I cannot link products to vendors/suppliers. I really don't know how to progress and go-live is 1/1/2024 and Odoo is 'in holiday'. 

Discard

If you want to link a product to a vendor, you can do so in the Purchase tab and selecting the contact you want as a vendor. I also heard that if you set a reordering rule for a product with the contact it defines it as a vendor. Hope this will help :)