This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello, at first I thought that the Contacts module was displaying duplicated contacts, because I would see several entries under the same user name, email, phone number etc.

However what seems to be happening is that each of these entries is a different type of contact as "Contact" or "Delivery Address" or "Invoice Address"

What is weird is that there seems to be a main "Contact" which has all of these data points associated under the Contacts & Addresses tab. 

But from the Contacts menu there doesn't seem to be any easy way to distinguish what is what and if by mistake you go into any of these "Delivery Address", "Invoice Address" contact entries, you do not get the full information of the client. 

This is confusing and doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Is it possible to hide these different contact states that pretty much are just showing up as duplicated contact entries?

Thank you in advance for the attention and advice

Discard
Best Answer

On the list view you can group by "Address Type" field and then you can clearly distinguish between Delivery Address, Invoice address. Also you can filter by "Address Type" field

Discard
Author

Ahaaa this makes a lot more sense now! Thank you very much.
It's just that when you enter a page called "Contacts", you intuitively expect to see your contacts, not all your contacts as well as all their "Addresses" mixed up, which should be showing inside of each corresponding contact (as they also are).

Thank you very much for clarifying I appreciate it!

Best Answer

But now the question is how can you delete a wrongly entered adress or maybe someone left the company. When someone is leaving maybe archive the person but when entered TESTEjaime TESTEmatos (as in the example above) maybe you want to delete this test entry. I cannot seem to find a way to do this ? Anyone ?

Discard