This question has been flagged
1 Reply

My users insist that they lose notifications from the emails they receive from customers.

Example: 
- A message is sent to the customer from the ticket chatter. The client, who is a ticket follower, receives an email.
- The client replies to the email. Odoo processes it and attaches it to the ticket.
- The user, who is subscribed to Discussions on the ticket, is not notified.
- If we go to the history of Discussions, you can see these answers from the customer.

Relevant data:
- Users manage notifications on Odoo.
- Most users have Odoo app installed on mobile phone.

Does anyone experience the same?

Discard
Best Answer

If the users preferences on notifications is set to "handle in Odoo"

The expected behavior is that the unread/ new notifications are available under "All" tab in conversation (chat App top right) and in the 'inbox' of discuss app. Once read the notifications are moved to "history' on the discuss App. 

Since you confirm that notification are available in the history of discuss app, is it likely that the users are inadvertently marking the notifications as read from the chat app? You maybe able to create a test case to validate this.

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer.

This is the behavior I expect. In fact, it happens as you say in all my tests.

However, users insist that there are notifications that are not received by them.

Understood! Not much options exist if users insist and selectively miss notifications (Lol!)

These could help
  1. You could randomly try to assist a user locate a past notification from history folder of their discuss app
  2.  Have a user execute a test case and validate result along with you
Other option available for users is to 
  1. 'turn on' desktop and mobile notifications from their browser or mobile devices' settings 
  2. Change their notification setting to "Handle by email"
Author

Thanks, again, for your interest on this, Jaideep.

It seems that the top right icon of conversations is not automatically refreshed. It can be refreshed by pressing F5. If the users display the ticket in the meanwhile, the notification never appears and they can miss this new message in the chatter.

I asked one of my users to regularly press F5 in order to confirm this.

Hi Josep,

Thanks for sharing the learnings. It seems the notifications require the window to refresh to show new notification. Yes, the notification is available only until the time the ticket is unread.

Would you know how the desktop or mobile notifications behave?

Since your client handles tickets (customer service/support), using Inbox in discuss app as primary would ensure they don't miss updated tickets while being reliant only on notifications. The notification in Inbox is available until the individual notification has been marked as read or user clicks through to the ticket.

Thanks again