This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi all,

We have a multi-company setup with a parent company (Parent Company is a parent company just for info consolidation) and 3 child companies, Each company has its own accounting chart .

Is there any way to make the chart of account of the parent company to be a combination of its child company chart of account?

Discard

I had exact same requirement, do you had steps to do this ? or its not possible in odoo !? 9

Best Answer

From the docs:

You have to set Internal Type as Consolidation and set Consolidated Children accounts to make accounts consolidate.

So you will want to create a consolidated chart of accounts for the parent, changing the Internal Type for each account to 'Consolidation' and setting the Consolidated Children field to the relevant accounts from your 3 child companies. See here for more on consolidation.

Hope that helps :)

Discard
Author

Thanks a lot

Best Answer

i need to setup parent comapany chat of accounts as child comapant chart of accounts how do i?

Discard
Best Answer

@ Ganeshanand sankar I have been encountering a similar issue, the 'parent company' doesn't see any numbers.

I believe this may be a bug - so will post a bug report to odoo support, but I found that going to user preferences (in the top right hand corner) and clicking apply - the left pane shows blank, but the numbers now show up correctly.

Quite a strange one.

EDIT: It is not a bug - It has something to do with the company specific fiscal year/periods which are automatically being selected when you first click 'Chart of Accounts'. The parent company will most likely have access to all of the child companies fiscal years/periods, so if you remove data from these 3 fields (Fiscal Year, Periods 'to' and 'from') then it will gather postings from all companies and the consolidation accounts will display correctly.

Discard
Best Answer

I have made all the set up as per opernERP doc (//doc.openerp.com/7.0/book/3/3_9/chart_of_accounts/#virtual-charts-of-accounts). Then i created few financial transaction across the company. It is not updated while taking the consolidated Chart of Accounts.But when i login using the child comapny user . it shows the amount correctly .please help me in this regards

Discard

I don't have any problem to set up this multi-company with the COA. How about combination of chart of account for child company but in separate database? I m facing this problem right now. Can anyone help me?

@abdul, can you please share blog or doc to configure, so we can do same.

Best Answer

Same issue here, when I do the reports only postings for one of the companies are showing. 

Discard