This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everyone!

I'm running Odoo 14 Enterprise on the SH platform. I have not done any custom modifications yet. I have a custom URL assigned to the production database, and I've correctly setup up the DNS. SSL certificate is working fine.

I'll give you some context to my issue:

On zapier.com, I am attempting to connect ODOO CLOUD ERP SELF HOSTED with another app. When it asks me for my sign in credentials, it says: authentication failed: Fault (code AccessDenied) occurred. Message: Access Denied.

I've tried inputting my default https://*.odoo.com URL, as well as my custom URL for the database, and I've tried signing in through multiple accounts, to no avail. Still getting the same error.

I've even tried selecting the Odoo Cloud CRM option on Zapier instead of the Self Hosted option, thinking that I could just directly connect to my self-hosted database as if it was a cloud hosted database. Upon submitting my credentials, and it gave me this error: authentication failed: Console logs:

Finally, I tried signing in through an Odoo Cloud Hosted instance, and that one worked. So why is the Odoo Cloud Hosted database working but not my Odoo SH database? Do I have to configure something in order to authenticate through Zapier?

I tried looking at the documentation, and I found something related to XML-RPC. Do I have to enable XML-RPC on my database in order to authenticate Zapier? In the docs, it says that the authentication itself doesn't require XML-RPC. 

Discard

John,

Looking to bump this. Exact same question here. Couldn't have written it better. Anyone out there able to connect Zapier to odoo.sh ?

Found some additional information here, but still no luck. I might try the webhook method.
https://community.zapier.com/general-questions-3/odoo-sh-connection-7011

If you find a solution, please share. I will do the same.

Best Answer

Hey both , 
In order to be connected please follow this : 

• 1/ Odoo.sh -> Select the production branch -> go in the shell
  • 2/ Copy the name of the database "mydatabase-main-XXXXXXX"
  • 3/ Go in the  "setting"  tab.  Create  a  new  domain  allias  by pasting  this database name e.g. " mydatabase-main-XXXXXXX.odoo.com"
  • 4/ In the zapier settings (for connection) - please use this new database domain to get connected. 

Please test and let me know . 

Regards

Discard

Valentin, I did attempt that same method in the past. Zapier validates the app connection when doing that way, but it cannot run any tasks on that "app". Odoo.

Have you had success using the connect made with that process? Thanks for the assistance.

Hello,

The above mention solution only works with the "Odoo CRM" version of the zap.

The only thing this app is able to do for the moment is to create a lead in the odoo crm (nothing else).

In case the connection is done on both, please test via the Zapier testing, and see if it creates something in odoo. (Don't forget to activate leads in the CRM settings).

Unfortunately, I don't know much more about that topic.

Thanks for the help. I will give this a try later.

Valentin,
I confirmed the connection of the "app" (OK) and attempted to simply add a lead from a spreadsheet row. Still errors out. Error: XML-RPC fault: Access Denied

"Make/Integromat" works just fine. Not sure why Zapier has such trouble.

did this work ?

Best Answer

Hey, same problem here... I've tried Valentin's "solution", but it still fails. Could someone give a solution to this problem please?

Discard
Best Answer

Started looking into this again. I was able to make a successful connection by adding the Alias and using the "Odoo CRM" version of the App at Zapier. However, any attempt at a Zap fails connection at that point. Odd. 

Anyone know who the responsible party is for the integrations between Zapier and a site/service? I assume it is the 3rd party to Zapier (Odoo in this case).

I found that cdata.com has plenty of connectors that work perfectly (not cheap though).  Part of the reason is a bit of additional data allowed in the settings. Why doesn't Odoo create a 3rd connector for .SH users?

Odoo? Any response? 

Discard