This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I get this error when creating database.

Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/http.py", line 203, in dispatch response["result"] = method(self, **self.params) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 769, in create params['create_admin_pwd']) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 31, in proxy_method result = self.session.send(self.service_name, method, *args) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 98, in send raise xmlrpclib.Fault('AccessDenied', openerp.tools.ustr(e))

Server Access denied.

1. not a Linux guy.
  2. not a developer, but I can follow technical instruction.

So, what I did was set up OpenERP on Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS. Created database, users warehouses, locations companies etc. Basically testing the functionality of OpenERP.

Now we are ready to start fresh. We deleted the database and went to create a new database. We get this error. as a potential work-around, we created a new database directly through the PGadminIII. database created no problems.

// to 8069 and immediately asks to create a new database. previously i thought if it recognized a database, it would give me the option to select that database.

any help would be appreciated.

or any other resolution. really we just want to set up a NEW openerp database and begin development.

Discard
Best Answer

You have a permissions problem with your database, looks like the openerp role was not created correctly in your database. Check that,

Discard
Best Answer

I suspect your problem has to do with the auth-method you are using for Postgres. 19.1. The pg_hba.conf file

I'm also using Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS. I find the best way to be sure I'm connecting correctly is to use psql, on the command line, from a completely separate logical machine. I then put those credentials into my openerp-server.conf.

However, I suspect the ident method is the most performant, since it uses Ubuntu's internal connectivity and authentication methods. In that case, you need to connect to Postgres with psql as the openerp user, and then try creating your database.

Did you run PGAdmin III as the OpenERP user?

This may help you too - not sure - bit of a conceptual overview. What difference is there between the admin and master pass?

Discard