This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi, i would like to know whether i can resell a paid module in the Odoo apps, after making some changes in the code and adding some extra features ?

The license of the module is "Odoo Proprietary License v1.0"

Discard
Best Answer

You are not supposed to modify the code of the module you purchased anyway (lets call it module A).

Here is my understanding :

1/ You need to make your modifications in a separate module (module B) that depends/inherits from module A.

2/ you can sell your module B... but the end user will need module A to use module B, so he will also need to purchase module A from the author of module A (which is not you obviously, as you are not allowed to distribute module A, as highlighted by odoo proprietary licence).

Discard
Author

Already got enough information on the same and if you check the question date, you can see it is posted before a year, almost two year. already an answer is accepted

You are welcome sir, but :

1/ i bring an additionnal info in my answer

2/ the point of a forum is to give response to the community, not only to the person asking the question. As was asking myself the same question recently and this is what I came to understant after some research.

Best Answer

The proprietery license at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/legal/licenses/licenses.html states:

"It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software."

So, no, you can't.
Discard
Best Answer

I can't comment, but answer from Adien imo the best answer: 

It answers your questions (so the answer is no), + it gives solution to do what you wanted initiallty (i.e. sell modifications you brought to a module)
Discard
Author

marked it as the best