id="action">
        <field name="name">prods.prods.action</field>
        <field name="res_model">prods.prods</field>
        <field name="view_type">tree</field>
        <field name="view_mode">tree</field>

</record>

<menuitem id="main_item"  name="List Of Products"   icon="terp-partner"/>
    <menuitem id="main_item_child"   name="Products" parent="main_item"/>
    <menuitem id="main_item_option"  name="Products List" parent="main_item_child" action="action" />

</data>

</openerp>

I keep getting a Validate error . but it looks okay to me? Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!

Discard
Author

what is with this framework. i found a deprecated variable self._table in orm.py. next to it it says something like # this is deprecated use _model instead but _table is still used in the class?

The log file will give you more specific details about the error - it should point you to a tag mismatch or an unknown field attribute.

Author

File "C:\OpenERP 7.0-20140221-003045\Server\server\openerp\addons\base\ir\ir_ui_view.py", line 126, in _check_render_view AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fields_view_get' 2014-03-23 18:51:43,832 7956 ERROR absyla openerp.tools.convert: Parse error in file:///C:/OpenERP%207.0-20140221-003045/Server/server/openerp/addons/meplugin/Products_view.xml:5: <record id="products_tree" model="ir.ui.view">

Author

i dunno been at this the last few days. a basic module shouldnt involve this much time. its ridiculous

In addition to basic syntax checks, OpenERP also checks that all fields in your view are in your model definition - is that the case - you haven't shared your Python code.

i will upload the python this evening but iam ppretty sure the field names are the exact same as what I have in the _columns dictionary

Author

from openerp.osv import osv, fields

class Products(osv.Model): _name = 'prods.prods' _columns = { 'name': fields.text('Prod Name', size=100), 'code': fields.text('Code'), 'sku': fields.text('SKU', size=30), 'description': fields.text('Description'), 'salepricewithvat': fields.float('Sale Price + VAT'), 'group': fields.float('Group'), 'id': fields.text('ID'), 'applicationid': fields.text('App ID'), } _table = 'prods_prods'

Author

that is my model class above

Author

i honestly cant see whats wrong with this

"Naming Convention" problems for module name and Model Name !!! https://doc.openerp.com/7.0/contribute/05_developing_modules/#naming-convention

Author

cool. thanks! Ill have a look at that in the morning see. if it resolves my issue

yeah that doesnt make a difference really. my modules all lowercase one word. meplugin. might just try unistall the openerp server.

Author

changed the names of the files. all to lower case got passed this error.