This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello there guys, i do have a problem with outstanding payment on Odoo 14, is there any way to by passing this feature? I just need journal like Odoo 13 which doesn't have outstanding payment feature.  I'm currently on Odoo 14.0+e-20201111

Many thanks for your help.

Discard
Author

Yeah, i just found out this method yesterday after i try to find setting for it. Thank you Ray for your answer, it really helps

Best Answer

Yes.

As of this week, we are allowing a Journal to bypass the OUTSTANDING accounts (you would use the same GL account for each of (1) the GL Account; (2) the Outstanding Reciepts; and (3) the Outstanding Payments account.)

Transactions will then bypass the IN PAYMENT status and these Journals won't have to be reconciled. This configuration supports organizations that have no need to use statements and/or for Journals that represent CASH or other immediate payment methods.

Discard

Thanks Ray, I've tried to put the cash account in both outstanding receipts and payment it worked. The only issue I see is that the cash flow statement seems wrong, since entries are shown in unclassified activities rather than operating activities.

Check the tag on the Account. For income, cogs and expense types you will see they are tagged so the CFS knows where they go. "Operating Activities" is a tag.

Hello Ray

What I understand that I can set for example the bank journal as foloow:

1- set bank account to Bank account

2- set outstanding receipt account to bank account also

3- set outstanding payments account to bank account also

and that should solve the problem

Correct @Maher

Changing the account to the bank account seems to break when reconciling the bank account. The bank statement will create journal entries in the Bank and the user will not be able to reconcile the statement. Is that the expected behaviour Ray?

Ray can you kindly clarify the "don't need to be reconciled".
Does that mean reconcile payment to invoice ? OR
Bank statement reconcile, insert the bank statement reference and line reference.

The first, doesn't need to happen, as you are correct the payment is matched to the invoice. The latter making sure we compare the GL to the bank statement STILL needs to happen to ensure completeness and accuracy of the GL transactions.

"this configuration supports organizations that have no need to use statements" - reconciliation is either needed (so this configuration should not be used) or it is not needed (so there will no entries created because there will be no statement created). I mean reconciliation as in "with the bank" not payment matching.

Hi Ray, why is it EITHER /OR situation. I would bet every accountant needs to use the bank reconciliation module. The issue that you needs to be resolved is the fact that customers may choose or someone in error may post Journals (other than Payment, bank transfer or receipt) into the bank. Instead of creating 2 additional accounts for outstanding statements, I highly recommend making a small modification to the bank reconciliation report account.bank.reconciliation.report.

Essentially, if we account simply for the fact that you need to provide the end user the list of ALL NON matched transactions posted / to be posted to the account. 1) we remove the UNEXPLAINED Difference in the line 2) enables the end user to trace issues and fix policies.

The Outstanding accounts are introducing an OVER engineered solution to a problem that does not exist. In Odoo 13 you already provide us with the validated Payment not linked with bank statement lines.

I will record a video and hit you up directly. Testing the Odoo 14 migration, you created 32 additional unneeded accounts. The bank reconciliation report in Odoo13 provides the details for all Unmatched transactions, you are only missing (completeness) what other transactions posted but not matched.

I sincerely hope the Odoo team is open to listening to customer feedback on this issue and on the Account group issues!

Hi Ray
I would like to add that my customer (so also a customer of Odoo) does not need the additional entries caused by introduction of the additional outstanding receipt and outstanding payments accounts. But the customer does need reconciliation from the bank statement. So in short: it would be a great added value if Odoo would foresee bank reconcilation also without outstanding accounts in the future.

Do we have any update on this? Why was the functionality deprecated?
We do note need new accounts, we don't need extra entries, we DO NEED to reconcile our bank accounts.

Ray, please reconsider these changes, you have introduced unneeded complexity and removed BASIC required functionality for accountants.

The outstanding payments and receipts in any bank accounts can simply be reported by filtering all the transactions posted in the bank account that has the bank statement line field "Null"

All what you do with the outstanding accounts, is posting entries in additional accounts to generate a report, where this can be simply addressed with simple sql statement.

we have 2 credit card accounts and 10 bank accounts across 4 companies. The new method will force us to generate 24 additional accounts!

We also provided your team the code and it is in our staging environment for you to review in Odoo 13.

bumping Hyperview's latest comment. It should not be an either/or situation. My clients do not really see the value in additional accounts, but would also like to use the bank reconciliation feature

Best Answer

Hope this helps! 

Outstanding account should be set in the journal. See video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWxfy86Byog

Discard

Thank you for sharing this. But this doesn't answer the question, how would the bank reconciliation work.

The Current workflow from Odoo is so complicated and unnecessary. There is no need to create outstanding accounts. As per the documentation provided repeatedly to Odoo, to functional consultants and executives...

Odoo already had a journal type , invoice_in, Invoice_out, payment_in, payment_out etc..

The reconciliation can easily look for all the move_line in the bank account and summarize them by type where statement line is not set. There is NO REASON to have remaining balance on move_lines in the bank account. If someone needs the outstanding balance for an invoice or BILL, they can check AP and AR.

This complicated solution for a problem that doesn't exist. Odoo over engineered this due to the lack of understanding of the difference between, :
1- Bank Account Reconciliation = Compare the GL transaction to the bank statement to ensure that all booked transactions in the GL did exist, and ensure that UN AUTHORIZED transactions didn't happen, example someone withdrew / stole 10K from the bank statement.

2- Reconcile bills and invoices = match payment to invoice to determine the outstanding balance, to plan cash flow.

We have been communicating about this since 2017, we commissioned Odoo to build a customization that worked until V13. V14 BROKE it , V15... we are trying to fix this again!

If anyone wants to work with me on it, hit me up and I can share a Github repo with you to collaborate.

I concur with Hyperview 100%. I'm having to explain this process to all of my U.S. clients who, even if they can adapt to this process now have to add the balances of these two accounts to their cash positions in their bank accounts when reviewing their balance sheets since the two Outstanding accounts are current asset accounts.

Best Answer

I could not  set the outstanding payment and outstanding receipt to the main bank account as the main account is not listed for selection. could there be a setting on the main bank account that is preventing this?

Discard