This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello everyone!

We are using multi-currency and price-lists to get our pricing from various different currencies into USD for our quotes ..

eg PurchasePriceZAR -> USDallProductsPricelist-> 20%MarkupPricelist

So we get our price in ZAR then convert it to USD in the allproducts pricelist and then finally we use the last pricelist to give a standard markup for all products- which is assigned to a customer.

Now the issue is that when we make a BOM to cost the BOM it needs the individual products we use on the bom to have a USD amount in the cost section for the product. which means wed have to put prices in the cost as well as in the price-list.

is there any way to get the BOM cost based on a price-list?

or any other way that i can make BOMs without using the default Cost(or at least updating the costs then from a price-list?

Thanks!    

Discard

Odoo version? CE or EE?

Author

Sorry Odoo 15 CE

Author

@Apiuser-
Thanks for the answer below but thats not exactly what i want, although im definitly going to use that!
I need to be able to calculate the Bill of Material on the Manufacturing side.
So like i have a Frame we build that takes Steel,paint and labour... when i add them to a BOM the bom is named "frame1" and i then use "frame1" on the quotes. the issue is if the steel paint and labour doesnt have a cost price on each product then the BOM=$0 so "frame1" = $0.
since we use pricelists the products dont have cost as a value on the product itself, the costs are on a pricelist as mentioned above.
i guess if there is no other way we could get it to auto do prices but with multicurrecny im a bit worried im not going to get it to work

The labour part should be managed from the operations.
So you should create a work station (where you assemble + paint, or 2 work stations one for each process) and then on the BOM go to the operation type and create those operations.
If you set the time correct and the cost/hour of the workers then you will get that computed in your BOM cost.
If you combine that with what I said on the other answer you can get the full cost (products + operations). And this can go up as many levels as you need (lets say, if for example that frame then is build into another BOM, the new one will also be able to do that).
In odoo14 (hope it's true for 15) on the BOM page you can go to "Structure & Cost" at the top right. There you will see more info on how the cost is computed.
Hope that does the trick.

Author

Ok cool im going to try it and lets hope it works !!! thank you so much for the help

Author

i cant mark your answer as correct as i need 5 karma :(

Glad to help.
I marked it myself, you can upvote it maybe.

Author

so sorry you need karma 5 to upvote! sorry man i havent tried it yet i have another acountant coming monday hopefuly she will understand

Best Answer

I'm using Odoo 14 but I guess it is similar...

So what I get that you need is an auto calculation of the prices from what you keep buying. 

To achive that you need the module accounting, which is not availeable in CE, but there is this custom:

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/15.0/om_account_accountant/

Then you need to (in debug) go to inventory -> product categories -> whatever category you want to auto calculate.

There you can set up automated inventory valuation if you use AVCO or FIFO.

Discard