This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm new to Odoo, using V15 Community Edition on a localhost just to get familiar.

I sell made to order leather products, which have inside and outside colours that customers can specify from a choice of 40+ leather colours I provide.

I have created a Colour product attribute with every colour I offer. I have created a Leather product with variants for every colour so I can keep track of leather stock. I have created a final product to be manufactured and a BOM for it. The BOM has components for Outside colour and Inside Colour with the quantity of each to be used.

What I would like to know is, how can I make it so that when I create an order for this final product I can have the Leather product colours available to select for the Outside and Inside colours. Choosing these colours should then deduct the component quantities from the Leather product stock specific to that colour.

This seems like it should be doable, but I cannot figure out how to achieve this. 

Can anybody point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

"you want to create an SO for final  leather product which has A BoM, following this you defined raw material (Leather) and specify variant (Color)", correct me if i misunderstood you.

1. create final product and add variants:

2. create BoM for final product:

3. create Sale order:

4. Confirm Sale order, it will create manufacturing order to fullfill the need

Note: you have to unarchive MTO route in Inventory -> Configurations-> Routes -> Filters -> archived -> open MTO route and unarchive . then go to product "final product" in inventory tab and choose MTO

by confirming SO,

Note: smart button which reffered to related MO and 3 transfers(i used 3 step manufacturing)

4. by going to manufactuing Order:

5. it creates 2 transfers (first transfer to pick components from stock, second transfer to move finished product to store)

Note: you can use (2 steps manufacturing), purchase order was create because i do not have demanded stock for components)

Hope this will help.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you for your answer Alouna, I think I understand your instructions and will give that a try. 

One follow up question for now though. You have created 2 attributes for your 'final leather product', 'Inside Colour' and 'Outside Colour'. If I have, say 3 colours, black, red and green for each of these would I now have to manage stock for these colours twice, black, red and green for 'Inside Colour' and the same for 'Outside Colour'? I hope my question is clear.

Discard

No, for components you only have one attribute "Color" and multiple colours, for simplicity you can choose on of "Inside or Outside" as attribute.

Author

Oh, I think I understand how everything fits together now. Really not intuitive to me but I'll get used to it. Thank you for your help.

One last thing, I can not find "unarchive MTO route in Inventory -> Configurations-> Routes -> Filters -> archived -> open MTO route and unarchive". Inventory -> Configurations has no Route option

Hi,
you have to activate "multi step routes" in inventory settings
Inventory->Conifguration->Settings-> search for "multi step routes" feature , activate and save.
the Routes menu item will show up.