This question has been flagged
10 Replies

Odoo was working well for a week already and I am starting to customize the program to fit my needs.  After EACH modification, I will logout and log back in just to make sure that it works.  It was working well last night before I left office, but this morning, the following happens:

1) the weblogin screen is mostly screw up.  It appears to be some kind of CSS corruption.  However, it still display the user/pwd for me to login.  The database selection is working well also.

2) After I login, I ONLY see the logo on the left, BLANK menu on top, and BLANK menu on the left.

I have looked through the online help and it appears that many have run into the problem.  And, the ONLY viable fix is to reinstall!?  I find this somewhat disturbing.

I am currently putting Odoo on a Win10 machine.   The odoo version is 9.0.20160620

Discard

I have already cleared the cache, the cookies, and went as far as using incognito mode.  I have also tried Chrome, IE, Edge (which I normally don't use).  Nothing works.

ok.. for your css problem ..try to run following command::

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install nodejs

sudo apt-get install npm

curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_0.10 | sudo bash -

sudo apt-get install -y nodejs

sudo npm install -g npm (to update npm)

sudo npm install -g less less-plugin-clean-css

It might help you to resolve your web screen problem.

@divya: this will not work on a Windows10 machine. Secondly, if Odoo was working for already a week, he has most probably installed nodejs properly before and the problem is somewhere else.

Best Answer

I faced the same issue. What I did to resolve it was

1. Cleared my browser cache and cookies

2. Deleted all the custom modules, that I installed last.

3. Restarted the Odoo service 

Only after the 3rd step, my issue was resolved.

Discard

Thanks, It works for me

Best Answer

hey guys i face the same problem and her is how i solved it
1-  open the location where you installed odoo for mine it was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 11.0"

2- the data saved inside the server named PostgreSQL after opening the odoo folder you will find folder called "PostgreSQL" copy it and past it in other drive

3- uninstall odoo and the server postgresql

4- install odoo again for me i didn't change the default values.

5- test the odoo if it work and ask you to sign up or restore just test the site do nothing

6- replace the  "PostgreSQL" contents with the previous data which you backed up in step 2

7 - restart you computer and it is done

hope that it is useful for every one

and if you are afraid if it dosen't work with you, install odoo on other pc and do the step 2,6 and 7 then back up data regularly to restore it on your server or your old pc

Discard
Best Answer

Hi everyone, I just get the same issue and yes I have installed some "wrong" modules ! running Odoo v11 on a Windows 10 machine. How can I uninstall modules without being able to use the menus?? Is there any way via the command line?? I've tried to rename the modules folders by adding .old at the end, restarting Oddo service, tried in other browsers but with no success :(

Discard
Best Answer

I was testing ODOO 11 CE and by mistake installed a version 9 module.

And the same thing happened to me. The frontend of the website is fine. But, after login as admin. No Main Menu and Submenu appeared except for the Top Left Logo.

This is what I did.

1) Login into the backend using WinSCP and start Putty.

2) Change to root user

>sudo su

3) Change to the add-on directory

4) Locate the troublesome module and removed it with following command

> rm -r module-name

5) Restart ODOO

Hope this works for you.

Discard
Best Answer

You should check the Odoo log entries and the browser log. Most probably you have installed a corrupt module.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello jason..

Try to clear your browser cookies and reload.

or

Check your site on other browser.

Discard