This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am using zktec biometric device for attendace managemet and I'm using odoo.sh. When i update the module in development branch it's fine working fine and i can connect with biometric device.But in staging and Production i'm getting an error while connecting with biometric device..any solution for this..No issue in development branch but issue in staging and Production.. There no error or warning in all stages while testing.

Discard

As per Odoo, It is not allowed to ping an IP address from odoo.sh, you can connect machine without ping.
So for you always need to send omit_ping parameter as True.

ZK(machine_ip, port=zk_port, timeout=timeout, password=0, force_udp=False, ommit_ping=True)

Best Answer

Please note that the pyzk module, which is designed for TCP/IP communication, cannot be used for communication over the internet as it requires HTTP communication. Therefore, the module you used for local communication may not be suitable for your needs.

Instead, I recommend using the module available at https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/16.0/odoo-biometric-attendance/ to integrate biometric attendance functionality into your Odoo sh production environment. This module is specifically designed for Odoo version 16.0 and can be easily installed and configured within your Odoo instance. By following the provided installation instructions, you will be able to seamlessly integrate biometric attendance features into your Odoo production environment.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello, I was facing this issue for more than a month and my module for connection was working 100% on local odoo but not working on odoo sh, if you are using PYZK module consider connecting like this:

from zk import ZK and not from zk.base import ZK because the zk.base doesn't work on sh but i didn't know it until i bought a module from odoo app store

Discard
Author

from ..zk import ZK

i'm actually imported like this. but in my case it was working on development stage in odoo sh.Issue occured in Staging and Production