This question has been flagged

I am in the process of converting an v10 Enterpise system to a v11. 

By this I mean I have submitted the dump file for conversion at https://upgrade.odoo.com/database/upload . This process is very straight forward and we have received our converted data.

The process took a while and so we have submitted fresh data for conversion once again.

Since the initial database submission there have been modifications made to models and views. So naturally the new data will need to be manually converted and doctored to be converted to v11.

My problem is that the client continues to ask for modifications which I think will perpetually slow down the upgrade procedure.

Is it common practice to freeze modifications to the server while conducting a version upgrade? 

Is there any way to install additional addons and make modifications during the upgrade procedure.

Discard

Common issue - human expectations;) When you send a dump file, regardless of if you got quoted or not, migration team has to do mapping and all of this preparations. Once you submitted hold on with any customisations unless they are a simple view changes.

I think whatever modification you will do they won't be in the upgraded version(as they are working on a provided db dump). Good news is that you can always ask Odoo or other dev to port your new modules/modifications