This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi, 

I'm using Pycharm (but tested using Sublime as well). I start Odoo server (using odoo-bin) with --dev=all parameter, but when I change python code (for example at the controller), it doesnt update the change. I have to manually restart the odoo server for each change. 

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way it is supposed to develop using Odoo? 

Discard

For configuring the watchdog with Odoo, see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKwl_pSBy9c

Best Answer

Hello,

Please check watchdog library. It is required to have watchdog installed to auto reload python code.

For python3,

pip3 install watchdog

For Python2,

pip install watchdog
Discard

I tried to use it, i have many problems with it and `werkzeug`.

Can you send us log file or few lines of log when you restart server? Or Please contact us at info@craftsync.com, we will look into it and try to solve problem as soon as possible

Best Answer

Yes, if you change python code you need to restart the odoo server. It is the way it works.

If you change xml(view), upgrade your module to see the changes.

Changing js files, reload your browser.

Discard
Best Answer

- When .py file is changed. Newer source code must be compiled to get the changes  ---->  Restart server

- Whe .xml file is changed. Database records must be updated to get the change ----> Update (upgrade) your module

- When .js file is changed.  Browser cache must be updated -----> Refresh web page

Discard