This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

I am using Odoo v14 enterprise edition hosted on sh.

I have installed Sales, Inventories and Subscriptions and are using Stripe as the payment processor.

When I create a subscription in Odoo, I want to be able to automatically create a subscription in Stripe, so that the credit card of my customer is automatically charged every month for the period of the subscription.

Both Odoo and Stripe can handle subscriptions, but I could not yet find a way to create an automated link between the two.

Thank you,

Sebastian

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Sebastian,

My clients purchase subscriptions - which are based on a subscription template of a subscription product - and during payment, they simply choose their method of payment.  If they choose credit card, then Odoo collects a token and deducts the correct amount from Stripe every period (month, year, etc).

Each time a Stripe payout happens, I am notified and I enter it as an Internal Transfer to the appropriate bank.

The only time I visit Stripe is to build my monthly "Bank Reconcilliation" by hand and enter it into my Stripe Journal.  At this point, I also use a button in the Bank Reconcilliation to enter Stripe Fees automatically.

So to answer your question directly: you may use Odoo to use Stripe for automatic subscription payments WITHOUT using the actual STRIPE auto-payment feature. 

If you actually have a requirement to use the STRIPE Subscription tools, then I have no experience to help.

Discard
Author

Thank you James! But does Odoo automatically notify Stripe to charge the credit card of the customer every month? And the customer's card gets charged by Stripe automatically every month?

Yes, it's a one-time setup. You fire up an automatic subscription payment in Odoo and when the user chooses to use their credit card you receive a token from Stripe which is used monthly (on a monthly subscription) to make the charge.

In the SUBSCRIPTION TEMPLATES - let's use a monthly subscription here - I choose:

Invoicing Period: Every 1 month

Duration: Forever

Create Invoice: Send after successful payment

And that's it. When someone sells a subscription from this template, and the client chooses to pay by credit card, it just collects the money from Stripe every month.

I am beginning to review OdooE14 and it appears to be the same.

Best Answer

Hello Elodie,

I would like to implement freemium in odoo ecommerce with stripe. Did you manage to do it?

Regards,

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

I have the same problem.. Because I offer a free subscription for the first month and , if my user want to pay with an amount 0€ , Odoo or Stripe (I don't know) refuses the payment. So, the subscription and the customer's card don' t save... 

Anyone have a technical or functional idea?

Discard