This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

When the product has quantity on hand equal to zero, and customer orders this product, then, we need Odoo to generate a purchase order automatically for this product.

Odoo is not generating the automatic PO. We have Odoo 8.

As for an example, I created a test product. I ticked "Buy" check box, and unticked the"Make to order" check box. I added a vendor (has an address) on the product as follows:

Supplier: Old Stocks

Delivery Lead Time: 0

Minimal Quantity: 1.00

I also created a reordering rule for this product:

Name: PO/8406724

Product: [9781452555508] 0.0.0.0 Would Our Legacy Survive?

Warehouse: Amman Stock

Minimum Quantity: 5.000

Maximum Quantity: 20.000

Quantity Multiple: 1.000

I made a purchase order for this product, and transferred the delivery order. The quantity on hand became 4 (less than the min. quantity in the reordering rule). Run the schedulers from Warehouse -> Run Schedulers. However, the RfQ was not created.

What should I do to get an RfQ auto-generated, when the there is sales order for a product with "Quantity on hand" equal to zero?

Thanks you :)

Discard
Author

By the way, we have about 10 million products

Make sure your product is of type "Stockable Product".

Author

Yes, it is stockable

Multicompany environment? Module procurement_jtt instaled or not? Module procurement_jtt_stock instaled or not?

Best Answer

I faced the same issue as we wanted to automatically generate POs in draft. Weused the following configuration:

We set up a reordering rule with a minimum quantity of 0. This was done for every product

By doing that, when a customer orders something which exceeds available stock, your stocked amount will be less than zero, triggering the reordering rule.

Additionally:

- the item needs to have a defined supplier, otherwise no purchase order will be generated.

- not sure if the item needs to be stockable

- you have to execute the planner in the warehouse menu (there is a scheduler that can be activated to execute that planner every m minutes).

Maybe there is a way to do something that might apply to all products, but I do not know how to do that (it would be interesting).

Any further automation or group configuration you might achieve, please share. Having to add a restock rule for every product is cumbersome.

Hope this helps,

Discard
Author

Thanks my friend .. So, where can I exactly find the planner in the warehouse menu? I can only see "Schedulers->Run Schedulers" and "Schedulers>Compute Stock Minimum Rules Only" options.

Settings -> Technical -> Automation -> Planned Action -> Run mrp scheduler. It is disabled by default. However I wonder how that could be triggered automatically everytime a new sales order is generated.

And to execute it manually it should be schedulers-> compute stock minimum rules only

Best Answer

Hi, we are facing the same issues running ODOO CE 13.

What si very strange is that we are also following all the intructions of the documentation. However no PO is being generated after the minimum stock is reached... Can this be a bug?? I'm starting to think this is the real problem... any further help would be much appreciated. And no, this is not to be solved by buying or installing a third party module.

Discard

Check whether it got added to an existing RFQ. Odoo searches for open RFQ's for the vendor and adds it to it if one is open. If an open RFQ is not found for the vendor, it will create a new RFQ.

Thanks Paresh, we are facing an issue here not related to ODOO but to a custom extension. We are trying to solve the problem. But all on all Odoo works correct. Thanks for your input.

Best Answer

Hello All,

Get this app for all in one solution:Make To Order For Required Stock

Discard