This question has been flagged

Hello, I am posting this in hopes of opening a discussion around the 'measure_on' field within the Quality.point model. As of the time of writing, I am convinced that this field does not work.

As I understand, this field is intended to allow the user to switch between using 1 quality check per Lot/SN OR 1 quality check per manufacturing operation (ignoring quantity to produce). However, there is very little information available on this so I am left to assume this is the case.

The functionality that I am seeking is to produce products by serial number in large manufacturing orders. In this case, some operations only need to be performed once per lot while others need to be applied once per serial #. 

Naturally, I set the 'measure_on' field to "Control per operation" for quality points that only need to be used once per lot. I set "Control per product" to the remaining control points that need to be executed for every product (namely measure checks). However, changing this value does not seem to have any effect on the number of quality checks that are generated for each manufacturing order.

If anyone has any insight to share or has dealt with this issue before, please share. Thanks and I look forward to reading responses.

Discard